Sunday, January 8, 2012

Living with boyfriend...Leave or stay?

I recently moved in with my boyfriend. We've been together over a year, and now we have been living together for about a few months on the east coast where he got stationed.Prior to this, I was living across the country in the southwest, while we had a long distance relationship because he was stationed elsewhere. Getting to the point, I love him. I left my family,my car, friends, everything I know, and risked having to start over from scratch to be here with him. I got rid of a lot of things to make the move easier.At first it was very hard because we were always fighting. We get along fine now, but he knows I hate this place and so does he. Everything is so secluded, and the economy must have really hit hard here, because its been difficult for me to get a job. I know that could be part of the problem, however I have realized that job or not, I would still feel the same. I am a medical istant and want to pursue more with my future, and go back to school. I always feel that there's more work to do, and that I would like to be more involved in humanitarian causes. I guess what I am trying to say is that I would like to go back to my hometown and really focus on my life, and in giving back. When things happen, like catastrophes, I want to be there even if its across the world doing my part. I sometimes think, that right now is not the time for me to be in a relationship, and that I could be doing lots more with my life. I have so many things I feel I need to do, and feel like I'm being held back. I love him, and if I could I would have us be together forever, but at the same time I find that there's more to be done in my life right now that need more focus.I don't know what to do. In the meantime I am living a content life, but not a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment