Saturday, January 7, 2012

Who liked vampire books BEFORE Twilight?

I read Twilight a year and a half before everyone else. When it hit Barnes and Noble shelves with about 10 copies at a time. I took it home and read to about page 100 and put it down. I hated it! A year and a half later I start gathering my surrounding and it's popularity. Also, push from my friends/ girlfriends to read it was driving me crazy, so I reread the series until Eclipse and am slowly losing interest. I am about three -fourths of the way through now. I don't think that the Twilight Saga made vampires stereotypical, it just tried to put a modern spin on vampires. When I first heard that the vampires sparkle I was awestruck and replied to the person who told me this, "What?! Is the vampire a guy? He IS?! Is he going to a gay night club?" But I am a guy and therefore can't annotate on girls thoughts and have my opinions be truthful to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment