Friday, January 6, 2012

Suggestions to add to my daughter's therapy gym?

I am making my daughter a gym in the basement to do therapy in. Here are her diagnosises. Obsessive compulsive dissorder, Sensory integration Dissorder, Pervasive developemental dissorder or Atypical Autism, Fine motor dyspraxia, and Impulse control dissorder. She gets therapy 2 times per month through Easter Seals, but they told me she needs home therapy every 2-4 hours. So I am converting my entire basement into a therapy gym. Here's what I have so far, a 38 inch trampoline, a 10 foot ball pit, a rock wall, a typipcal playground swing, about 100 sq. feet of foam mats, and a slide. I have a peg board wall piece that I would like to make into a sensory wall. I am on a very small budget so can anyone suggest some things to add to the room or to the sensory wall that would be inexpensive but effective? My budget is aproximately 600.00 and I have thus far spent about 350.00. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am really really at a loss for the sensory wall btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment